Tuesday, March 14, 2006

LaLa.com cd's for 1 dollar

Hmmm something new pops up on the web.

Let's say you buy a cd, you listen, you like it or don't and want to get something else. You can go to the used record store, trade it in, get something else and the used record store holds and then sells what you have to somebody who was looking for the exact cd you didn't want anymore, it keeps going and keeps going.

Now what if you could go online, list the cd's you have to trade, see what others have and the website matches you up, makes it easy to ship directly to each other. You don't have to trade your exact cd to somebody for their exact cd. If you are changing your collection from Italian movie soundtracks to Spanish Punk rock bands, you trade your current have to somebody and get your want from somebody else. Kind of like taking the used record store out of the Escrow business. And LaLa says they will pay the bands for the used cd sales!

Cool huh?

Check out LaLa.com, and get your Beta invite from this article.

Among many reasons I like this is that I have come to dislike the download of albums. Individual songs, ok, but I like having the actual CD in my hands. Why? Far better sound quality, no worries about hard drive crashes, and no messing with download, burning, converting and re loading songs to play in non iPod players etc. Lots of hassle for bad sound quality with download albums. I'd rather have the cd in my grubby little hands...

So I'm in LaLa, maybe you'll see me, maybe not, but you'll have fun checking it out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to lala. I've bee n on the site for the last four hours.

    I can't remember the last time I looked through so much music and had so much fun.

    I hope these guys make it. They have everything from Dire Straits to Panic at the Disco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are checking it out I like it as well. But remember there are lots of CD's listed in their database, that doesn't mean users have them to trade, you can search or views list by what people actually have listed. That way when you add it to your want list a LaLa user should have it and then might ship it to you.

    I use the LaLa database to add songs to my want list because who knows when somebody will sign on and say they have it. But If I want to really find something somebody has to trade I'll use the list by what's available.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete