Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Instant Pot Turkey Stock and Hammers Turtilla Soup

click photo for larger version

I made some stock with post Thanksgiving and post Thanksgiving leftovers with what was left of a turkey breast. The ingredients included onions, celery, garlic, and more. It spent 45 minutes under pressure in my Instant Pot and came out great. Find the recipe at DadCooksDinner.com

click photo for larger version

Now that I had the stock I wanted to make Tortilla Soup. It is pretty easy to make and you can add things to it based on what you like. In my case the peppers didn't go in the soup but were added after it was done as not everybody wanted it spicy.

I used the recipe in Bob Warden's "Great Food Fast" a cookbook I really like for the Instant Pot. I like making his food and it is all well explained for pressure cooking. It took about 7 minutes under pressure.

This was very tasty. Éxito! 

On Facebook my friend Chuck Hammers said they did the same thing with the turkey leftover leftovers and they call it they call it "Turtilla Soup" so Hammers Turtilla Soup it is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment