Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wow So Good! Instant Pot Now and Later Keto Indian Butter Chicken

click for larger photo

Indian Butter Chicken is a world famous and much loved dish. When I got this Indian Instant Pot cookbook by food blogger Urvashi Pitre of Two Sleevers.com I knew I had to give it a try. It is a great cookbook with lots of food dishes I want to try. I've done a few now and they all have been very good.

I cook with my Instant Pot at least a few times a week. Sometimes a few times a day. I have a pretty high success rate. I really like Indian food but the recipes and ingredients are full of styles and names I have never used. Thanks to this cookbook and the Instant Pot that is all changing.

I am grating my ginger, making my garam masala, and adding turmeric, and coconut milk just like it says.

In the Instant Pot world this is kind of a famous recipe.

The end result? Really good! I like that she has you make more sauce than you need. When you are done take out half of it to freeze or keep in the refrigerator.

It is Gluten-Free, High Fat, High Protein, Keto, Low Carb friendly.

In the new world of Instant Pot cooking there are already a few "must have" cookbooks for me. I have given these as gifts to friends that are new to the Instant Pot world.

I like Great Food Fast : Bob Warden's Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes it is the one that got me started.

Hip Pressure Cooking: Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful has a lot of good ideas and a website with a lot of videos.

This Indian Butter Chicken recipe can be found in the Indian Instant Pot cookbook and online here.

It takes 10 minutes at pressure in the Instant Pot then another 10 minutes to wait as it cools off before you add the finishing touches. In under 30 minutes you can have some great chicken.

On the plate is some riced cauliflower with cranberries and a few other things and naan with peach chutney.

follow Urvashi here

Book on Amazon: http://bit.ly/IndianInstantPotCookbook 
WEBSITE: www.twosleevers.com
FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/twosleever/
FB GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/twosleevers/
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/twosleevers/pins/
INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/two_sleevers/

By all means give this a try and just so you know what to shop for here is the ingredients list

1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes

5-6 cloves garlic

1-2 teaspoons minced ginger

1 teaspoon turmeric

1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon garam masala

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (or use breast, bone-in, or whatever works for you. If frozen, add 1-2 minutes to total time)

To finish

4 ounces butter cut into cubes (use coconut oil if dairy free)

4 ounces heavy cream (use full-fat coconut milk if dairy free)

1 teaspoon garam masala

1/4-1/2 cup chopped cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment