Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Sharon Tate's sister "I said a prayer for his soul" The Tough Part Of Being A Christian

Thanks Debra Tate for doing this

“I said a prayer for his soul,” Sharon Tate’s sister Debra tells PEOPLE of the moment after she received a call from a prison official informing her of Manson’s death Sunday evening.

She says she never wished ill of any of the convicted killers. When Atkins died from cancer in 2009 Debra prayed for her soul — and vowed at the time she would do the same for Manson.

...

“My cross in my bedroom still has the flowers that I slipped into Jesus’s feet when Susan died,” she says. “I cried a tear and I asked for forgiveness on her soul. I’ll do the same thing when Charlie dies.”


Among the radio listening I like these days is 1260 am part of the Relevant Radio network. They have really good shows. Yesterday I heard them doing some prayers and they said a prayer for the soul of Charles Manson.

I said "wow" out loud in the car. What a statement of faith to hear on the radio.

As a Christian I know that's the right thing to do but it is so much the opposite of everything else I had seen and heard about him (and others like him) for so many years.

It isn't always easy to do but...

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.

Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Share with God’s people who are in need.

Practice hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

Live in harmony with one another.

Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Romans 12:10-16

more at prisonfellowship.org

No comments:

Post a Comment