Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Air America ad rates and a little more

Bloomberg.com says this:



"Air America to Present Liberal Talk-Radio Alternative (Update1)

March 30 (Bloomberg) -- Air America Radio will be seeking about $1,500 for a minute of advertising time when comedian Al Franken takes to the airwaves tomorrow as a liberal alternative to talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh"



more at the link



Well "People in hell will be seeking a glass of ice water". But they won't get that either.



That my friends is REALLY expensive. I dare say I think it might not really be true...sometimes people in radio inflate the price they get for ads to look good. 1500? Er um no way.



(update) But wait they mean for a spot that runs on all the stations during Franken's show so maaaaybe they could ask it. But I doubt they could get it.



This thing will launch and get a buzz slowly. It is not like a movie debut that pops out of the gate. The kinks get worked out live on the air. They will try something that works and keep doing it. They will try something that they think will work and it will bomb. Sometimes you just have to put it on the air to see what it sounds like live. Some of the lineup will change and the shows will grow. If you are able to listen on air or online or on satellite (XM) give it a month to let the shows find their sound. Everyone will be all excited when it starts. The first week will be easy, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weeks is when you will really know what it will sound like.



No announcement yet from AA about the 1400 AM signal. Wonder why? Could be the contracts of current shows have to be bought off to clear the way. I dunno.



I listened to 1400 AM tonight. I think there was a Greek language music show. I also heard some ads for some restaurants in San Francisco. Alioto's, and Kokari. The signal is sketchy at night. It covers much of the bay during the day.



OK I'm pretty much done with it for now. I'll listen if I can figure out how, and give it a month.



Good Luck AA! PS: I do hope the local shows on 1400 AM now do find a new home.



Doc promises more tomorrow.



Keep up with the threads at ba.broadcast. There is some good stuff being posted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment