Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Kolchak Nightstalker returns Thursday

Nightstalker returns!

Yes Thursday ABC brings back Kolchak!

I saw the first 2 on a preview DVD. (thanks ABC...)

I loved the old show, cheesy, scary and just fun to watch when I was a kid. I like this one as well. There is a little more X-Files feel to it, some interesting plots at least in the first 2, and kind of scary.

Yes there is:

narration by Kolchak

monsters

blurry photographic evidence

cool music

a hot Ford Mustang in a nice hat tip to the original show.

As long as you can keep everything a little toungue in cheek, you'll like it. It isn't great epic tv, but fun and entertaining. So on those 2 counts it is way ahead of most shows.

I think the tv critics will hammer it. But unfortunately for them I don't care. If you are old enough to remember, and actually watched the old show (it wasn't on for long) you'l probably like this one. If you are some young punk ass who has Resident Evil as your baseline scary starting point, well... too bad!

Big Rick says: check it out!

here's a Variety article

No comments:

Post a Comment