Wednesday, July 21, 2004

a 2000 Nader voter writes: "Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 911"

I have read other things like this on the web from other people who are very pro Bush and just slag off Moore. This guy doesn't seem like that. He says at the end of his intro:



"Quite obviously, there are many patriotic Americans who oppose George Bush and who think the Iraq War was a mistake. But Moore's deceitful movie offers nothing constructive to help people form their opinions. To use lies and frauds to manipulate people is contrary to the very essence of democracy, which requires people to make rational decisions based on truthful information. It's wrong when a President lies. It's wrong when a talk radio host lies. And it's wrong when a film-maker lies."



You can read his very long and detailed report here.



I like Moore's Roger and Me movie, and his short lived tv show was great. I didn't consider either rock solid truth. They were more comedy than anything. Even he said "I always assume that only 10 to 20 percent of people who read my books or see my films will take the facts and hard-core analysis and do something with it. If I can bring the other 80 percent to it through entertainment and comedy, then some of it will trickle through."



Spinsanity has more Moore



"entertainment and comedy"







No comments:

Post a Comment