Thursday, October 13, 2005

Iraq reporter Michael Yon

Good reading from a freelance journalist in Iraq

Michael Yon : Online Magazine

One thing is clear. For many (most) reporters being there sucks. For a variety of reasons. I'll bet most reporters probably just want to be cycled home. Hangin' with Army and Marines 24/7 would wear anybody out. Add in the danger and seeing the death and being afraid it all equals a tough assignment. There are some great stories at the link. The writers and journalists there deserve lots of respect.

Man I wish it would end. I really think it is getting beter, the political situation seems to be improving and I am confident our troops will finish the job.

The whole WMD thing was such crap, but the freedom of these people isn't. I hope they get it. If the rest of the world helps they will. If we leave we all know they won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment